The Best Way to Learn How to do Makeup
Becoming a professional makeup artist is a talent in and of itself. I say that because it is a skill not many people can master. But that does not mean it is impossible. It is very much doable, to be honest. But it would require immense dedication, hard work, charisma, and enthusiasm. And most importantly, you are not going to get far without the proper guidance. Therefore, this article focuses on the best way to learn how to do makeup.
Table of Contents:
- Enrolling In A Good Makeup Academy
- Rules For When Working On The Best Way To Learning How To Do Makeup
- Tips And Techniques When Applying Makeup To A Client
- Common Problems Faced When Learning To Do Makeup.
Enrolling in a Good Makeup Academy
Here is the professional guidance I was talking about earlier. When finding the best way to learn how to do makeup, it is essential to have good teachers to help you out. Ever since Covid-19, online variants of institutes have sprung. Likewise, academies for makeup have begun an online program. Whereby they teach online pupils worldwide. Personally, learning online has far more advantages than learning traditionally. It is cheaper, flexible, and easy to manage.
To enroll in an online academy, you need to ensure that it is legit and reliable in the first place. A good makeup academy should have proof as a legal institution. And it should have great reviews demonstrating its efficiency in training its pupils. Take Vizio Makeup Academy as an example. This online organization even provides certificates for its students who complete its courses. Thus, allowing them to prove their credibility as a professional makeup artist when they try applying for a job in the future.
When learning the best way to learn how to do makeup, a good makeup academy like Vizio helps to give you a push-start on your journey of professionalism. The teachers provide efficient feedback, and their years of experience ensure that they will teach you efficient techniques to master your makeup application skills. Thus, a good makeup academy acts as an underlying foundation for your future success.
Rules For When Working On The Best Way To Learning How To Do Makeup
To effectively learn how to apply makeup, there are some aspects you need to note and of which to be aware.
What to do:
- Practice. As you know, practice makes a man perfect. Thus, the more you apply makeup for learning, the more you refine your skills and proceed towards professionalism.
- Know what is trending. A good makeup artist knows what is in the market. Because people generally go for the one who knows this. As a person finding the best way to learn how to do makeup, applying trending designs increases your popularity and efficiency simultaneously.
- Have a consistent motivation factor. Losing motivation is the last thing you need in your journey towards becoming an expert MUA. Try recording your success tales and use them to motivate you daily. Remember, there are MANY other ways to boost your morale.
- Market yourself. The more you are famous, the easier it is to practice makeup professionally. And the faster you can make this a means of living.
What not to do:
- Never rush the process. Rushing only ruins your end product. Take your time. Remember, having a worthwhile outcome is worth all the time it takes to achieve it in the first place.
- Never use bad-quality products. They only slow your journey and make it even more difficult. Moreover, you are less likely to attract customers using such products. Trust me. It is the WORST way to learn how to do makeup.
- Don’t skip your pre-makeup routine. Take your time to well-prepare yourself and your clients. And this includes cleaning their skin, testing your foundation, brushes, etc.
- Do not be afraid. Instead, be positive in the process because positivity leads to success. Negativity wastes time and decreases your motivation. Feel free to practice makeup and never back down to failure.
Tips and Techniques when Applying Makeup to a Client
Here are some tips and techniques to help you on the way . . .to practice the best way to learn how to do makeup.
- Always apply makeup on freshly prepared areas. Freshly exfoliated, moisturized skin adheres better to makeup and gives a more natural appeal. Not delaying the process ensures the smooth application of makeup.
- Focus more on glows. Stick more towards going for a brighter look than covering with more makeup. Makeup should always reflect naturalism rather than its magnitude. If you can literally see makeup, you’ve added too much.
- Go for natural shadows for the eyes. Eyes play an important role in beautifying a person. Therefore, go for the more natural hues for the eyes. Every design varies from person to person. Thus, you’d need to practice a lot.
- Apply makeup on the eyes first. The eyes set the tone for the rest of the face. Moreover, any “mess” created when doing the eyes is covered when you work on the face next.
Common Problems Faced When Learning the Best way to do Makeup
During your journey of learning the best way to do makeup, you’re going to come across many problems. These include,
- Uneven application of foundation. Such usually occurs when you’re not using proper utensils. Or when you use your fingers to blend your foundation. Doing so is wrong as you totally ruin the realistic appeal of your makeup.
- Not properly blending eyeshadow. The eye shadow problem is a popular one as many MUA find it hard to add a natural look in their eye shadows. And you can overcome this too through rigorous practice and using the proper tools.
- Giving a cakey appeal to your concealer. The cakey effect on your concealer is a real bummer. And it can totally ruin your look for the day. If you suffer from the same problem, try using a liquid concealer. Experts claim that such a product adheres better to the skin and absorbs more. Thus, reducing the cakey-ness other concealers produce.
- Not getting a natural look. By far, the greatest disaster to many makeup artists out there is that they have a problem with not attaining a realistic profile with their makeup. And that usually happens due to a lack of skill, quality products, and the proper guidance. Keep these in check and see this problem well behind you in no time.